Spicy Lamb Roast With Aioli24 sept. 2013
- 2 kg Leg of Lamb
- 60 ml Olive Oil
- 15 ml Robertsons Coriander
- 10 ml Robertsons Mixed Spice
- 5 ml Robertsons Cinnamon
- 2.5 ml Robertsons Cayenne Pepper
- 800 g Baby Potatoes
- 45 ml Flour
- 2 Egg yolks
- 5 ml Robertsons Garlic Salt
- 30 ml White wine vinegar
- 250 ml Olive Oil
- 5 ml Robertsons Mint
- Place the lamb in a roasting dish. In a bowl mix together the oil and all the spices. Rub over the meat. Place the potatoes around the lamb.
- Place in a preheated 200°C oven. After 30 minutes use the juices from the pan to baste the lamb. Roast for a further 40-60 minutes depending on how well done you want the lamb.
- Place the lamb and potatoes on a warm serving plate and allow to rest before carving. Add flour to the pan juices. Stir continuously over a low heat, adding about 250-350 ml water to make a gravy.
- Aioli: Place the egg yolk, garlic and vinegar into a small food processor. Blend, then slowly blend in the oil until you have a thick mayonnaise. Stir in the mint.
- Carve lamb and serve with roast potatoes, gravy and aioli.