How To Apply An Eyeliner?14 déc. 2012
Applying eyeliner takes practice and a steady hand. Take some time when you are not in a hurry to get out of the house. It’s best if you put your mirror on a desk or someplace where you have enough space to rest your elbow on and make sure the light is right.
1. Make a few dots with eyeliner along your upper lash line. They should be as close to your lashes as possible. Start at the innermost corner of your eye and stop few millimeters before the outermost corner of the eye.
2. Carefully start connecting the dots trying to make the line as thin and precise as possible.
3. When you get to the last dot flick the line up at an angle of about 45 degrees. You can make it longer and then adjust the length with a Q-tip dipped in the make-up remover later.
4. Now, starting at about 1/3 of the outer part of the lash line, make the line gradually thicker and then, as you get closer to the tip of the wing, gradually thinner again.
5. This next step is optional. You can draw in the last third of the lower lash line, again as thin as possible, extending the line and connecting it with the winged part. Make sure to fill in any space between the lines.
As with eyebrows you won’t be able to make the lines on both eyes the same, as your eyes are naturally not the same shape. The aim is to make them as similar as possible. You can best achieve this by tilting your head back and looking at the mirror with your eyes almost closed. This will help you evaluate the length and the angle of the wing.
These are the basics. Practice and with time, as you get more confident, you will develop your own style and perfect a unique technique.
But if you still need a simpler explanation, you might want to try one of the following two tricks.